The inclusion of fruits and vegetables is important for any diet, human or canine. Here is a recipe for fruit and vegetable strips for your dog. This will provide you with a relatively inexpensive way to make more rewards/treats for your dog that are healthy and tasty!
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup carrots, minced
- 1/2 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour (white if your dog has allergies)
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of water
- Cook your sweet potato (until soft) in the oven at 400℉ for a half hour or in the microwave for eight to ten minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to or preheat to 350℉
- Smoothly blend the sweet potato and the banana together in a large bowl with a hand smasher or via food mixer.
- Mix in the carrots, flour, and oats. Carefully add in the applesauce and water. Mix vigorously.
- The ingredients will form a soft dough. Roll the dough on to a lightly floured surface until the dough is 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into strips.
- Cook on a cookie sheet for twenty-five minutes.
- Store leftover strips in the fridge for up to two weeks.